(last revised on OCT 10, 2016)
Accella Group, Inc. dba A Varied Life (“A Varied Life”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals that visit this website (“Site”) (“Visitors”) and individuals that register for any of A Varied Life’s Offerings (“Clients”). This Privacy Statement describes A Varied Life’s privacy practices in relation to the use of the Site and the experiences offered by A Varied Life (the “Offerings”).
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, A Varied Life requires Visitors and Clients to provide personal contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address (“Required Contact Information”). A Varied Life may also ask Visitors and Clients to provide additional biographical and demographic information (i.e., city or state of residence, age or gender) (“Optional Information”). Required Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information about Clients are referred to collectively as A Varied Life Client Information.”
As you navigate the Site, A Varied Life may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools such as cookies and Web beacons (“Site Navigational Information”). Site Navigational Information includes standard information from a Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), an Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and the actions taken on the Site (such as the pages viewed and the links clicked).
A Varied Life may conduct online polls or surveys on the Site and ask participants to provide Optional Information.
A Varied Life offers Visitors and Clients that provide any A Varied Life Client Information the ability to update or change such information at any time. To update A Varied Life Client Information or to terminate an account and receive all data stored therein, please email Tina@avariedlife.comor call (408) 732-3181. A Varied Life will process any Client or Visitor request as quickly as reasonably possible; any such request may also be subject to terms separately negotiated between the A Varied Life and that Client or Visitor.
- Children under the age of eighteen should not provide any personal information on this Site.
We comply with all applicable laws that provide additional privacy protections for children who use the Internet and, in the course of such compliance, we will not retain any information provided by a user whom we know to be under 18.
Use of Collected Information
- A Varied Life uses A Varied Life Client Information to perform the requested Services.
- A Varied Life may also use A Varied Life Client Information to contact Visitors or Clients via email or otherwise to further discuss potential interest in the Services and to send out information regarding A Varied Life
- A Varied Life uses Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Site. A Varied Life may also use Site Navigational Information alone or in combination with A Varied Life Client Information to provide personalized information about A Varied Life and its Services, respond to requests for information, administer and analyze online polls, surveys, contests or promotions, or fulfill A Varied Life’s legal and regulatory obligations.
- As between A Varied Life and all other third parties, A Varied Life is the sole owner of the information collected on our Site and we do not sell, share or rent this information to others except as disclosed herein. A Varied Life may store information itself or arrange for storage in databases maintained by service providers. A Varied Life retains its rights to these databases and the information contained therein. Nothing herein limits or eliminates a Client’s ownership of any and all data and other information that it submits to the Site in its use of A Varied Life’s Services.
Sharing of Collected Information
- Service Providers
A Varied Life may share A Varied Life Client Information with the A Varied Life ‘s contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide Services on A Varied Life’s behalf and ensure the quality of such Services.
- A Varied Life does not share, sell, rent or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes. A Varied Life does not authorize the collection of personal information by third parties through advertising technologies deployed on the Site nor does A Varied Life share personal information collected from the Site with any third parties.
- Compelled Disclosure
A Varied Life reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if the A Varied Life reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the A Varied Life’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information
A Varied Life may share aggregate or anonymous information about our Clients or Visitors with third parties for marketing, research or similar purposes.
Site Navigational Information
- Web Beacons
A Varied Life uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Clients’ and Visitors’ usage of the Site and interaction with emails from the A Varied Life Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on a computer, such as when an individual viewed a particular website tied to that web beacon. For example, A Varied Life may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify the A Varied Life when a Client or Visitor clicks on a link in the email that directs you to the Site. A Varied Life uses web beacons to operate and improve the Site and email communications.
- IP Addresses
When an individual visits the Site, the A Varied Life collects that person’s IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. A Varied Life collects IP addresses from Clients when they log into the Services as part of the ________’s “Identity Confirmation” and “IP Range Restrictions” security features.
Public Forums and Client Testimonials
A Varied Life may provide bulletin boards, blogs or chat rooms on the Site. Any personal information that a Visitor or Client chooses to submit in such a forum may be read, collected or used by others who visit these forums and may be used to send unsolicited messages. A Varied Life is not responsible for the personal information that any individual chooses to submit in these forums.
A Varied Life may post a list of Clients and testimonials on the Site that contain information such as Client names and A Varied Life. A Varied Life will obtain the consent of each Client prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
Social Media Features
If A Varied Life is acquired by or merged into another entity or all or substantially all our assets or business operations are transferred to another entity, A Varied Life may transfer its A Varied Life Client Information to the new entity operating A Varied Life’ business.
A Varied Life and its third party service providers and data centers employ industry-standard administrative, technical, organizational and physical measures in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to protect the security of A Varied Life Client Information and to protect against unauthorized access thereto or unauthorized use or disclosure thereof.
Do Not Track – California disclosure
Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. A Varied Life does not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Site, in part because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. A Varied Life takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.